Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

tuning box for 207 1.6HDi 110

Hi guys,

i'm after a tuning box for my 207 1.6HDi 110 FAP. i know this get's asked loads but there really isn't that many 1.6 110's around (i think Click here to enlarge ).

not looking for mega gains as i dont want the clutch to go prematureley 140hp max, not sure on torque gains.. 220ft-lb?

i've read on hear about digital boxes and analouge boxes but which are the best ones to go for?

i found a speedhawk box and quite like the looks of it as it's adjustable and it has a on off remote. that's about 300 and eccosse also do one for 255+ VAT which will give about 25hp extra.

i think 300 is my max budget as moohlah is tight at the mo lol.

all help appreciated Click here to enlarge

Twed
    Resident idiot! Click here to enlarge

Peugeot 207 GT 1.6HDi 110 FAP.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to see my 207 progress thread.
    Powered By RS Tuning.

Re: tuning box for 207 1.6HDi 110

i would just recommend getting it mapped, the going rate over here is about 225 for a remap. they are a much better job than a tuning box, and you can ask for the level of tune which you require.
    in my opinion tuning boxes are crude, basically fooling your ecu, plus some people have had problems with tuning boxes
    hope this helps

yeh, i'd much rather have it remapped(who's that with by the way?) but i dont want to void it's warranty as i dont know if there are any issues with boosting the power, i.e. clutch slip (like the DW10 lump in the 206) or extra wear on other parts, etc.....

Click here to enlarge
    Powered By RS Tuning.

there are...

pretty much all you said + increased wear on the turbo and reduced oil life. 12.000 miles interval is too long as it is, best bring it bak to 6000 miles after remapping...

most of those issues don't need to be any if you get a good remap though, but a tuning box isn't a patch on a good remap.... not even on a mediocre remap...
    cubic inches, there's no substitute...

If you're thinking about spending ~300 you should just get it mapped how you want. You'll be a much happier bunny.
    Don't phone and drive... ...you'll spill your drink.

The synergy1 from tuningdiesels or roveron is a good digital unit and not expensive,Ron is also fairly local to you[other end of the A69 and up a bit] so you can go and see whats what before you part with your hard earned.The boxes are usually well less than 200 but are very well made,no scotch locks or cables to cut so easy to swap on and off for servicing and warranty work.

i got a drake box of ebay 100 quid and very impressed with it and would recommend.
    Click here to enlarge
    ---306 hdi---Stage 2 165bhp 270lb/ft, De-Cat, De-EGR, Induction Kit, FMIC
    98% of people hate Jeremy Clarkson. If you are part of the 2% which doesn't, put this in your sig!

Straights Are For Fast Cars, Corners Are For Fast Drivers... Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Tom-Baxter/692255268

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tbaxter08700
    i got a drake box of ebay 100 quid and very impressed with it and would recommend.
    I'm not sure what your basing your recommendation on,as according to your other post you've only had the Drake box for 2 days,you seem to have a turbo on it's last legs and you haven't tried your 100 variable resistor at higher levels yet.
    Was the Drake bought new or used,it does seem cheap for new which suggests that its nothing special.
    I recommend the Synergy1 having used one for 2 years and 30K miles

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fester01
    The synergy1 from tuningdiesels or roveron is a good digital unit and not expensive,Ron is also fairly local to you[other end of the A69 and up a bit] so you can go and see whats what before you part with your hard earned.The boxes are usually well less than 200 but are very well made,no scotch locks or cables to cut so easy to swap on and off for servicing and warranty work.
    these boxes seem pretty cool and are adjustable too. done a quick search on the forum and there are no bad words for them.

Click here to enlarge